Monday 18 November 2013

It's about time

It's about time

October greetings with the scent of the now blooming
Jacaranda trees. A gush of wind my only companion.
I let the water and pain and sorrow consume me and hide me
from the rest of the world. I submerge my pain under everyone
else's so that I almost become numb to it.
But what happens when they don't let me take on their world,
what happens when they don't let me carry their burden...
What happens when mine cannot be covered anymore,
when they come back and I feel the tears again.
I will try
hold my head up high, but cry myself to sleep,
I would try to hold it all together, but fall apart.
I can keep a smile on my face, but crack inside,
I could be happy, but can't let myself be.
It's about time I broke down my walls,
it's about time I opened my eyes,
it's about time I see that I am happy,
I just don't let it affect me. But now, I'm ecstatic.
I am filled with so much joy that I can't help but try to
spread it everywhere. Where my cup overflows I want
it to fill everybody else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment